Monday, September 19, 2011

Tying the knot

The wedding invitation with Chicago skyline - the bride & groom love the city.

The daughter of my dear friend (both of whom helped me tear up oak flooring for the house we never built) had her wedding Saturday night.

The wedding program was deep pink.
The bride loves pink. And sparkles.
No sparkles on the wedding program, but her dress met all her expectations:
ruffles, flounces, sparkles.

I didn't take any pictures of the event, but it was so much fun to be there. G went with me to the wedding. His going was a bit of an uncertainty until the morning of - I never know when he's going to decide he's not up to doing something, often after elaborate arrangements have been made. It worked fine, and I was glad he could be there, as he's known the bride since she was a little girl.

Having him go to the reception was too big a gamble - in the city, cocktails starting at 7:30pm, lots of people and noise - so I didn't give him the option of going to that. I had one of our caregivers meet us at the church after the ceremony to ride home with G and the driver & handicapped accessible van I hired. Then my parents and I headed to the city to the wedding reception at the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower.

Security! A first for me for a wedding reception - all the guests had to present photo ids at the security desk in the Willis Tower, which were compared to the guest list.


Then up the the 66th floor - beautiful views of the city at night, to say nothing of the happy bride and groom and their families and friends. I hadn't seen my friend's mom or sisters in years, as they live far away, so that was a special part of the evening for me.

The place cards were mini Chicago White Sox pennants.
Guess who loves the White Sox?
Yes. The bride and groom.

What a joyous occasion. And So. Much. Fun. I was very glad to be able to go.

2 comments:

  1. I am always so impressed with the planning you do to accommodate all the people in your life - from G to parents to friends to sisters to brides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound to have had a wonderful time, made extra special by the fact G could be there. Beautiful wedding invites, modern with a classy edge.

    Word verification - herowen - heroine perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!