Saturday, September 10, 2011

I ❤ Susan Branch


It's true. I heart her.

I've been a fan for many years, ever since my cousin Jean served Rainbow Jello at a family party. When we all exclaimed over the jello (really, you have to see it to believe it), Jean brought out the Heart of the Home cookbook, and we were all amazed at the beautiful artwork and hand lettered recipes.

First I bought myself a copy of her original cookbook, and then the Christmas one. Then I found Susan's wall calendars, and as a thank you to my cousin for introducing me to SB, I sent one to Jean for Christmas - and I haven't stopped since. (Except for that one year when there was no calendar. That was a dark year.)


I've enjoyed reading Susan's email newsletter, which is full of beautiful art and wonderful ideas and irrepressible joy.

And now - she has a blog! I can't believe she finds the time to do this, but I am so glad she does. Interesting, entertaining, funny, beautiful, inspiring. I look forward to every post.


Wednesday night I baked Ginger Crisps from the Autumn cookbook, in heart and leaf shapes.

And look what I found when I opened the book:
The book was a gift from one of my other cousins,
and I had forgotten she had it autographed for me.
How could I forget something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!