Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Twelfth Day of Christmas


Thank God there are twelve days! I haven't sent Christmas cards in ten or fifteen years. I got out of the habit one year when between my travel schedule and all the Christmas commitments I had, I was really not enjoying the season. So the cards were something I felt I could let go of that year; and then I never went back.

Sending cards this year was a bit of a last minute decision. Sadly, I did not put the effort into it that MrsM does. (MrsM rocks. Seriously.) I went the easy, quick route of uploading a jpg file to our local 24 hour pharmacy and ordering photo greetings. I'm afraid our family image is going to suffer. (Right. Like it hasn't already suffered by my sending nothing all those years.)
But I'm glad I did it.
And the cards are all postmarked between 12/27 and today.
So the Christmas card police can't get me.

There are Christmas card police, aren't there?

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Ginnie,
    Thank you muchly for your kind words. If you knew how chaotic the actual WRITING and POSTING of the cards was you may wish to retract. The BUYING of the cards is easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!