Friday, January 25, 2008

Neighborly


Isn't this a charming image?
The artwork is by my cousin Jennifer Judd-McGee.
Jen recently changed careers to pursue her art.
In addition to showing her work at art galleries,
she also has an etsy shop called Swallowfield.
(You should take a look - so much beautiful and fun art.)

I had only met Jen once before (she lives far away), but we got reacquainted a few months ago at the memorial service of her grandfather. One of the happy side effects of funerals is the opportunity to reconnect with family members. I know her grandfather (my uncle) would have been pleased at all the reconnections that were made that day.

A few days after the service, I started looking at Jen's shop, then found her blog, then followed links to others (like Ali), and more links (like Alice, and Anne, and Angie, and Blackbird and many others), and now I am hooked.

After buying one of her prints and some of her note cards
for my dad's birthday (he loved them),
I decided I wanted something for my home.
I'm so happy with it!



Now, where to hang this?
Maybe it will just live for a while on the sideboard in the dining room.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nice words, Ginnie! I love the way you framed it.
    Have a wonderful day -
    Cheers, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture. I would put that in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you were Jen's cousin. It's a very small universe in some ways. Your artwork looks lovely - good job with the framing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely reminder of the start of a new period in your life. It is a wonderful image of Blogland with all the houses, so different from each other, fitted together into a harmonious whole.

    I am so glad to have met you - and so glad that you decided to join the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!