Thursday, January 10, 2013

Unfortunate juxtaposition


My friend and neighbor Jan sent me two emails in quick succession yesterday.

The first, entitled "dinner," contained an invitation to have dinner with her and her husband at their house next week.

The second email was entitled "wife swap." 

Oh dear.  This doesn't sound at all like what I was expecting.

When I opened the email, it contained a link to a clip from the (in my opinion, disturbing) Wife Swap "reality" television show that my friend thought would amuse me.

What a relief.  Dinner is on.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes!

    Seriously? A reality show with that name? I don't even want to know what it's about.

    Enjoy the dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, enjoy dinner! I hate reality shows. Period. :) Unless they had one about Peanuts. That might be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope the dinner will be lovely. I would also want to skip the show. But, how good to have such friends who are there for you.
    Have a wonderful week, do. Much love, E.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!