Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thankful

Today, finally, G started at the new adult day program. The forms and communications weren't handled as quickly as I expected, and as a result, it's been 4 weeks since his last day at the former program.

When he left home this morning, it was with a smile on his face. Please God let that positive attitude continue! G will get so much more stimulation there than he possibly can at home. I got a call a few minutes ago letting me know that G had enjoyed the music therapy they had this morning and seemed to be doing well. The bus will bring him home in a few hours. I'm curious how he'll convey his day to me, if he will shrug it off or let me know there were some good moments for him.

4 comments:

  1. I hope G had a great day. Remember--there is always salmon fishing in Yemen.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he has a great day .
    The music therapy certainly sounds good , as does the fact that they called you to let you know how he's getting on .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to G and may the new program work out well for him.

    P.S. Is that flowering crab?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if it's flowering crab or not. One of our caregivers brought the branches - the dark red flowers from a tree in another client's yard, and the pink ones from a tree next door to her client (from a branch that came way over the fence).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!