Friday, June 17, 2011

Day three

Today is day three of the adult day program. I found out G had risen to the occasion on Tuesday, despite the very long process to get him out of the house and into the venue. Yesterday he had argued about not going, but finally, reluctantly, made his way to the car. But I learned when I picked him up that once he was there, he refused to participate for most of the time. Fingers crossed that today he is willing to try it again, or at least lets me convince him to try it again, and that he likes it better today.

My three good things for yesterday:

A perfect day for hanging laundry.
I love it when the weather is right and I have the time to hang laundry outside.

The weekly delivery from our CSA.
carrots, turnip tops with a few small turnips, asparagus,
scallions, leaf lettuce, eggs

Flowers from the garden
rose (plant is from my grandmother's garden, circa 1920),
sundrops, catmint, feverfew

It was difficult to choose only three.

1 comment:

  1. Two verses come to mind:
    Be joyful always; pray constantly; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thes. 5:16-18
    Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Gal. 6:9
    Sounds like it's a Bibilical principle to be positive too!
    love, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!