Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Soaring

G's mood and energy levels continue to improve,
so today, a sunny and gusty day, we went to the arboretum
to explore 1,700 acres of loveliness.

Eastern redbuds (Cercis canadensis),
my favorite spring-flowering tree,
were everywhere and gorgeous.

Swaths of daffodils bedecked paths
and swept down slopes like streams of gold.


Turtles sunned themselves
in the glittering lake.


And we witnessed the triumph of loft over gravity.


One family, two kites.

My heart soared with them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're back and had such a lovely day! I hoped for the best and knew you were struggling with both hands full. God bless. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a grand day out. (Mr. M and I had one today in Madison, where the redbuds were glorious - I love them too. Such a beautiful pinky-mauve.)

    So glad you could enjoy the arboretum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!