Monday, May 23, 2011

Rollercoaster life

Columbine, daisies, ajuga, anemone foliage

Things change fast at our house.

G is now in hospital getting closely monitored and having all the meds reviewed and adjusted to give him some semblance of a normal life back. This stay is a result of my call to his doctor on Friday, asking if there wasn't something else (I meant medicine) we could try, as so far nothing is helping.

In the space of a couple of hours: my call was returned, questions were asked about whether I would consider inpatient treatment which might start the following week, paperwork was readied, and a 5pm call asking, "Can you come in tomorrow morning?"

There is already some improvement. But he's not happy about being there, and yesterday told me, when I wouldn't agree to take him home with me, not to bother coming back today. Or ever. Which makes me laugh, because it's so absurd. But it would be easier for me, as the hospital is in the city (read: long drive, heavy traffic), the parking garage is large, crowded, and expensive, and it would save me a lot of time if I didn't have to visit, bring laundry back and forth, make soup and deliver, and cut flowers from the garden to transport, all of which, if I didn't visit, I would stop doing.

When I see him today, will he remember he sent me away with "Don't come back" instructions ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!