Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bittersweet


The weekend at my parents' cottage was wonderful - definitely nourishment for my soul.

G had a rough time with back pain on the ride up on Thursday, but by Friday, as he was sitting outside in the sun in a big wicker rocker, watching me (outfitted with a respirator) strip paint from an old oak table, he said,

"I'm very glad I came."

It was so good to spend time with my older sister and her husband who live many hours' drive away, as well as catch up with parents and local younger sister and her family. Lots of talk, several projects, including planting our swale gardens, and gorgeous weather and surroundings made me feel rich with blessings.

It would be nice if we all lived closer, but we don't, so I especially cherish times like these.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I'm glad you got to have time with your family. It really is important. I hope you're feeling renewed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!