Friday, February 19, 2016

Blustery day


Howling winds today.


Out for a walk (and missing Oscar).

Downed branches.


 A partially downed tree - lucky it missed that house. 


I posted the picture below on FB when I got back from my walk

and a friend commented,

"And look at all the Phragmites seeds getting disbursed. Oh Ginnie!"



What?? What's a Phragmite?

I had to look it up. Might be invasive.

I see this tall, shaggy-headed grass a lot along low spots on highways.

I assumed it was something native and helpful.

This particular patch is along an old rail line 

that was turned into a trail years ago.



Because we had record-breaking warm temperatures this morning,

I cleared some leaves to check on my little patch




Could it be??

It's just the one.  But it's early yet.

I've covered them with leaves again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!